Monday, July 20, 2009

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

So, to be honest, I shouldn't even be posting about my weekend jaunt to Yorkshire until I finish blogging about Edinburgh! But I can't not post! It was a fabulous weekend! And the travel was the easiest, most stress-free I have ever experienced! (It was my first time flying without my boys, and I've only ever flown with them by myself.)

The adventure began Friday, late afternoon/early evening. The husbands cam home from work to care for the poltergeists, (which Mr. Bagnold showed up driving our brand new car!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then Poppy and I walked down to the train station.

We went down to Venice, and then hopped on the Knight Bus to a secluded area before hopping onto our Firebolts and heading to beautiful Yorkshire!!!! I honestly don't think the travel could have been much smoother! Oh wait, I take that back...if we didn't have to go through any security checks, it would have been smoother, but we all know that's not happening anytime soon! LOL We had to wait before taking to the skies, due to a massive storm that rolled in, so we were a bit late in our rendezvous with Emma and Lizzie, but all went well. Poppy was quite exhausted from the trip (she had had a looooooooooooong day!), so we had to end up pulling out our wands and levitating her into the house! We had a lovely cup of tea before going to bed. I don't tend to be a tea drinker, but that was quite tasty!

The next morning I got to sleep in without having to care for the poltergiests, which was a bit weird, but very pleasant! We got to meet Emma's little wizards before they traipsed off to their grandparents...very adorable little wizards! Poppy and I got to have tea and crumpets! Sooooooooo yummy! Poppy tried a bit of marmite on hers (I tried it while in Edinburgh), and it turns out that neither of us like it. At all. LOL But the marmalade on the crumpets was certainly more than satisfactory! Following breakfast, kind Mr. Wigworthy drove us around a bit. We went to the train station in Hogsmeade and rode the Hogwarts Express down to Haworth. We even had an encounter with a dementor along the way!!!

Haworth was beautiful beyond description! My photos don't do them justice, I fear.



But before we went on to the museum, we stopped by an inn to have a real British lunch. Poppy had the fish and chips (with mushy peas!) and I had the Yorkshire cheese platter (the Wensleydale was particularly scrumptious!), which also came with a side of tasty bread. The chicken and chutney were superb!




I must admit that visiting the Bronte Parsonage Museum was an experience that leaves me close to speechless...or maybe not speechless, but at least without the proper words to describe it all! They didn't allow photos to be taken inside, unfortunately, so I can't even let those thousand words be heard, but it was something that definitely took my breath away and brought me to tears at more than one point.


After seeing all the exhibits, I began to wonder if one (or more!) of the sisters perhaps had some magical talent, seeing as how they have these tiny books with miniscule writing (which is clearly legible if you use a magnifying glass!) that look to me to have had a shrinking charm used on them. I'm not as brilliant as Dumbledore, though, so I can't detect traces of magic like him, but I don't know how else they could have written so small!!!!

As we were retracing our steps back toward the train station, we stumbled across this:



The visitor's entrance to the Ministry itself!!! We went down right away!



And, sadly, Mr. Bagnold seems to have returned home from his work day, so I shall have to continue this tale at a later date...

3 comments:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Wonderful pictures to remember a wonderful weekend with! It was such a pleasure to host you and Poppy - thank you for sharing so much fun with us!

Hugs XXX

Lizzie Wychwood said...

I'm so bummed I missed out on the Haworth trip, it looks like you had a great time! Love that you got to visit the Ministry!!! And a trip on the Hogwarts Express!

Bridget The Bloodthirsty said...

Wow, it looks like you had an amazing time! Lucky you going to the Bronte Parsonage Museum! The Bronte sisters are my very favorite. I've read almost everything they've ever written.

I'm glad you had a safe trip! Now post about how you liked the movie!