Thursday, June 11, 2009

All packed up and ready to go!

Wow! I can't believe that the last term is over and that summer camp is already upon us!!! It looks to be very promising and LOTS of fun!!! I'm all packed up and ready to have some summery fun and can't wait to find out what kind of kit I get to put together!!! In the meantime, I'm venting my creativity by making more stitch markers! LOL I taught a friend to crochet about two months ago, and we were at the (pathetically small) craft shop on base the other day, and she said "I need more stitch markers." (And let me tell you, that is not a false statement!!! All she's got are cheap, itty-bitty circular stitch markers that look to be a pain in the rear to use!) So I say, "Well, I should make you some!" And right then and there I picked out the beads (from their stiflingly small selection), grabbed some more head pins (as I was almost out from what my wonderful spoiler gave me in my HSKS7 kit...speaking of which, I still haven't finished posting about Edinburgh! SAD!), and decided to use earrings in lieu of the toggle bracelet clasp. Because of how knitting and crocheting differ, you can't use a close-holed stitch marker in crochet, or else you'll just be crocheting a charm into your work.




LOL Anyway, I am very pleased with how they turned out...and if she wants, she could even wear them as earrings! LOL LOL LOL

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

THOSE are WAY cute ... I crochet and can never find usable stitch markers!