Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sock it to me...Again!

Wow! I'm so proud of me! I've finished my first pair of socks!



I really and truly was intending to go to sleep at a decent time last night...but I ended up going to the party in the Great Hall and stayed later than I should have and chatted it up with Arriana about the benefits of joining the duel club and then I was waiting to see if Rowena was going to need someone to chat with in the wee hours of the morning...but then, we all know those are just excuses. The real problem came about when I started in the toe. Once I did that, it was doomed for me to stay up until 2 am finishing the socks...I wanted to make sure I ended on a row that I could remember the number of stitches I needed to make before the decrease, and then, I was so close, why not just finish it? But I'd miscounted, and then I was so close I may as well finish...and so it went all night. Good thing Rowena didn't need to chat! It was all I could do to keep going to finish the socks without talking to someone! I probably would've gotten done sooner if not for my chatting in the Great Hall and having a butterbeer constantly in my hand...

I originally picked out that yarn for a pair of socks for myself, but only bought one small skein from that dye lot, so I ended up making them for my resident poltergeist...I swear he's Peeves incarnate! In fact, I have the photos of his handiwork (in my craft room, no less!) to prove it...I just have to find them...I bet he got a hold of them...I wonder where they went...Hmmm...

Wow! Look at the time! I have to go! It's time for my S.P.E.W. awareness contributions! I get to help clean some of the kitchens (though that took the headmistress stepping in to convince the elves to let me pitch in!), one of the lesser used dorms, and, lastly, Moaning Myrtle's bathroom! I'm armed with muggle cleaning supplies and ready to go!

No comments: