Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sock it to me...

Wow! I can't believe it! I'm over halfway done with my first pair of socks! I finished the first one yesterday between Transfiguration and Herbology (as Tranfiguration homework!), and I doubt there are many people in the world that got as excited as I did to be halfway done with something! LOL I'd completed my first-ever sock, but was only halfway done with the pair. Once that realization set in, though, I quickly whipped the needles back out to finish it! I bet I'll be doubly excited once I'm done with the second one! I'm actually quite proud of how the first one turned out...




It's a little bit big on him, but I'm okay with that, surprisingly...Probably due to the fact that I now have an excuse to make a second pair (that's shorter in the foot) and because he will grow into them and they'll fit him in time. :) His poor other foot, though! It looks so sad to not have a sock on it!

I started the second sock last night after lessons and before I started my Ancient Runes homework, which is a shocker in and of itself, though it does show how much I want to get these done! At first, I made myself scoot off to bed after I was 4 (of the 20) rows into the heel, but I took my knitting with me to have nearby, and it turned out to be a good thing! Poor Rowena is a fitful sleeper, so when she woke up and needed company with a conscious person, I was able to whip out the rest of the heel before we both hit the hay! :) Now that I'm up for the day and have some time before Potions, I think I'm going to keep at it...

No comments: