Saturday, September 27, 2008

Duel Club worries and woes...

::sigh:: I needed this weekend. I've had a pretty busy week! My duel hat went off to Elladora of Hufflepuff after a minor snag with the owl post. It went out on Tuesday, but I have yet to hear whether or not she's received it. The cause for the worry is that she sent hers to me on Thursday or Friday, and it's already all the way to New York!!! Ahhhhh!!! I reeeeeeeeeeally hope I win the duel! I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be upset to lose. I finished the hat in 2 hours and would have had it in the mail right after I was done, had it not been a Sunday night. I would have had it going out first thing Monday morning, had it been in my power. But no. If I do lose, though, I will be a good sport about it and laugh good-naturedly at my obituary and wish Elladora luck in the continuation of the duels. At least to the public eye. My roomies may have to comfort me in the privacy of our dorm, though, with butterbeer and chocolate frogs.

In the other aspects of my Hogwarts life, though, things are going well. I love all my classes and am throwing myself into my studies. I even read a Muggle-penned book called Twilight in order to add a Muggle perspective to my DADA essay on vampires. It was certainly an interesting read. A good book, overall, but I'm not yet entirely convinced that it lives up to all the hype in the Muggle world. Maybe I just have to read the other books in the series to get it.

Arriana has already gotten into trouble with Professor Snape. Rowena and I tried to help her out when she was targeted in class, but she refused our help and had to spiral into trouble on her own...Personally, I think Professor Snape is intimidated by her potions brilliance and doesn't want to lose his school renown of potions master. So what if she didn't have her full set of scales! If she'd have just taken the ones we tried to slip her under the table, she'd have been fine...But she wouldn't do it. Honest girl, I tell ya'. But aside from those slight moments of forgetfulness when it comes to supplies she needs to have on hand, she's a brilliant mind at potions! I think he should cut her some slack, but, like I said, I think she scares him.

I'm not sure whether or not Rowena or Arriana have had any problems with this, but I've got all kinds of bites all over my feet and ankles! I suspect that someone set some doxies or something loose in our room. I think it might be Elanor, in Slytherin...she asked where her cheerleading uniform was for the Quidditch match that took place earlier today and I asked her if that was what was tied to the topmost branch of the Whomping Willow. I think she mistook that for meaning I put it there (which I most certainly did not!) Maybe I can find Knitsy and see if she can help me get rid of the annoying things....

Speaking of Quidditch, the first match was today. We were brainstorming like mad in the Ravenclaw Common Room, and doing quite well. Unfortunately, Enid Black found it mere moments before we did. :( (See, Elanor? You didn't even need your uniform! Your team won anyway!) I felt somewhat like a dunce, though, trying to figure out the clues. I couldn't seem to focus and would never have come to the same conclusions that my house-mates did! Of course, it didn't help that about halfway through the match, a certain poltergeist dumped milk all over the table that had my homework on it. I was momentarily distracted by that incident.

But I think that I'm going to try and put all of this from my mind for now. All of my homework for the weekend is completed, and I'd like to finish some more hats for my personal branch of S.P.E.W. before working on the ones to send off to the "real" S.P.E.W. A relaxing weekend of hooking and needling does sound nice, doesn't it? Oh yeah, after taking care of the doxies...where on earth is that house elf?...

No comments: