Friday, June 4, 2010

So....tired....

Oh my. You would think that after having been a responsible student for all of my public schooling career, that I would have continued that habit...but nooooooooooooo. Soon after graduating high school, I became a procrastinator. It never fails! Even with Clara's kit I was so super excited, and had so many ideas, and got started on them so early on, I feared I would need to restrain myself to not try to send before the early send dates! I should have known better...I had everything but one final part finished weeks before the early send period. So why didn't I continue on with that last thing? Because doing so would have meant I had to clean my house (or at least part of it!) to do so....and housework...well, let's just say that I don't usually share the enthusiasm of those poor, enslaved House Elves that think they actually enjoy housework! But I slowly got what I needed to done...and I intended to finish that last bit on Wednesday night, giving me Thursday and Friday to wrap it all up and ship it out. I had to wait until the poltergeists were in bed to begin, and once I went to start....I realized I didn't have everything I needed!!! So it was delayed until the next night, after I could get my hands on the things I needed. (Thankfully, they were available!) So last night, it began...and went on, and on, and on......and on, and on, and on, and on....


By the time I finally finished the last bit of said unnamed item (which is, I think, the coolset part of Clara's kit!!!), and wrapped it all up and labeled it all and packed up the box and filled out the customs form and addressed everything.....IT WAS NINE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about an all-nighter!!!!!!!!! Thankfully, I was able to lay down and rest for a few hours, anyway. It was enough for me to be able to drive on, and that was what mattered. ;) So I made it to the owlery, in fears that with my luck, it would be closed for some random, silly reason I hadn't known about. But thankfully, it was open! So Persephone (who only just recently returned from delivering prizes to some of the House of Ravenclaw!) was able to get everything settled for customs and be on her way!




So I made the early send date after all, even if only barely! Hmmm, maybe I didn't procrastinate quite as badly as I had feared....at least that wasn't scraping by to make the final send date!!!!

Clara, I hope you enjoy your kit as much as I enjoyed making it for you!

No comments: