Go around your house, outdoors, for a hike, or wherever and take pictures of 5 different plants, herbs, or flowers that might be used in potions.
Shamrocks: Shamrocks are an integral part of potions that are used for dispossession and can be used in the very tricky, little known potion which prevents one from being put under the Imperius curse (but it only works if you take it at the exact moment you're being taken control of); shamrocks are also a close brother to the four-leaf clover, which is one of the most important ingredients of Felix Felicis.
Lovestone: More commonly known as "ivy," is a part of the love potion Amortentia. It must be dried and sliced into stips before putting into the cauldron.
Moss: This ingredient is used in medicinal potions commonly found in wizarding medical facilities, such as Madam Pmfrey's burn-healing paste.
Allium Schoenoprasum: When the tubular leaves of this plant are cut up, they can be added to potions used in Hogwarts greenhouses in keeping away pests, both magical and non-magical alike.
Parsley: Parsley is a critical ingredient in Fred and George Weasley's bruise-healing paste.
Answer the following potions questions:
1. Sneezewort, scurvy grass, and lovage are used to make what?
B: Confusing Draught
2. Porcupine quills are to be added when to a Boil Cure Potion?
D: After it is removed from the fire
3. What potion, if brewed correctly, should change color numerous times throughout brewing including deep purple, lilac, and finishing clear?
A: The Draught of Living Death
4. This ingredient in the Draught of Peace, would likely bring you permanent peace since it is poisonous, what is it?
5. Chopped daisy roots, skinned shrivel-fig, sliced caterpillar, one rat spleen, dash of leech juice are all ingredients to what?
C: Shrinking Solution
Take a picture of and list the ingredients and/or instructions to make one of your favorite potions that you have created.
Pictured above: cooking oil, water, cake mix, eggs, frosting; the cake mix came with it's own potions recipe on the back and I simply followed that to make....
Cupcakes!!! They were in lieu of a birthday cake this year for the poltergeist that just turned 5. :)