Describe and Explain 5 items that you would use for the care of Magical Creatures.
Mitts (for handling dragon eggs after the mother has breathed on it) with a heavy anti-burn charm on them
Bowtruckle Grabbers (to hold a bowtruckle behind the head after giving it wood lice in order to get wand wood from the tree it is protecting) with a sticky charm on it to prevent the bowtruckle from squirming out from the grip
Nargle Transporter (to capture nargles after spotting them with spectrespecs, and then release them into the wild where they cannot turn witch and wizard brains all fuzzy) with a sealing charm to keep the nargles from escaping prematurely
Pixie Corraler (to knock cornish pixies unconscious in order to move them from one place to another) with a softening charm, so that although they are knocked out, the blow is pillowed to avoid abuse to the creatures, and they feel no pain.
Vertical assistant (to help those, such as gnomes, house elves, and goblins reach higher or to see over tall counters while having something solid under their feet) with an optional levitation charm to reach even higher and then safely return back to solid ground.
1. Please describe the physical appearance of a house elf. House elves are typically scrawny, with ears that are proportionally large and floppy for their little bodies, and have large, bulbous eyes, typically in a yellowish hue. They tend to wear simple garments that look like a pillowcase (which have a habit of getting quite filthy!) as a mark of their enslavement.
2. Kreacher is the house elf of which wizarding family? Kreacher is the House Elf of the Black family, and he was passed on from Sirius to Harry
3. What is Hermione Granger making for the house elves? knitted hats
4. How do you free a house elf? You present it with a piece of clothing (which is why Hermione is making the hats; she intends to free the House Elves of Hogwarts without their knowledge of her having done so)
5. What does S.P.E.W. stand for? The Society for Promotion of Elvish Welfare (or, as in our swap, The Society for Promotion of Excellent Wearables)