Saturday, October 24, 2009

Let the shuntbumping continue!!!

Whew! I've been so busy with being the Team Announcer and Assistant Captain (on top of the everyday duties of caring for two poltergeists), that I'm cutting it a little close on my blogging this week! Shuntbumping was fun last week, though my opponent, Poppy Pluot, was at a bit of a disadvantage, seeing as how I'm the one that taught her to crochet, and I've been doing it for about 13 years now, as opposed to her handful of months' experience. LOL Here's a picture of my completed hat for round 1:

I'm in awe of how quickly some of them got theirs done! I think the first competitor done only took an hour to make a single crochet hat of adult size!!!!!!!!!!!! And here I ignorantly thought that I was a quick crocheter!!! This hat took me near to 3 hours to complete! (Though, in my defense, the pattern wasn't released until midnight my time, after a looooooooong day, and I was sick, so.....) I am grateful for the new rules, though, where it is decided by who first posts a picture, as opposed to relying on the post to deliver it in a timely manner (a laughable concept when dealing with APO addresses). And because of said rule change, I am now able to gift this hat to someone. :) And now I'm forging ahead to round two!!! Yay! This time I'm going up against Emma Gorodok, and I once again have the upper hand. Unfairly so, actually. She's going to a convention out-of-town and will not have Internet access for 2 days! But, that actually helps me out a little bit, seeing as how we have a Halloween event scheduled today for the poltergeists on base (that I completely forgot about until Mr. Bagnold reminded me)! I had ordered some yarn through the Muggle Internet, enough for all four rounds, along with some buttons for the final two rounds, but the order hasn't come in yet, unfortunately...(Good thing I have a stash to dip into!!!)

But I need to go get cleaned up and prepare for the time out with the poltergeists. They're dressing up as superheroes this year: Superman and Batman. And we've already carved pumpkins with Poppy and her little house elf. It was a lot of fun! Halloween is almost upon us!

No comments: