Wednesday, February 25, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

OMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGoshOMGosh!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!! Okay, so the plans to make the get-together by the Floo Network weren't definite enough, and when travelling with two poltergeists, there's just so much to think about anyway, that being able to make the connection to get to where you're trying to go just isn't a pleasant thought. So we will be travelling by Muggle (commercial) means! I have spent the day looking up prices for plane tickets and hotel fares and sightseeing destinations in Edinburgh...and I was told I could go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so that was the biggest thing...

Next on what's been happening around here...I got a visit from my BFF at Beauxbatons! (Note: this is the visit previously mentioned that did not happen IRL...) We spent the day around Venice after the stop at the Pub in Hogsmeade for the quiz. How did we get to Venice from Hogsmeade and back again, you ask?....I cannot answer. ;) But we had some of the best gelato, and she told me the most amazing thing! She was right to not trust it to the confines of parchment...If she had and that letter had been intercepted, who knows what Ministry officials would be pounding on her door?

I lost my hat duel in the first round. :( I swear that once I have a reliable owl service again (and I am absolutely positive that is no fault on Persephone's part), I will actually progress in the duel bracket...But Clara Clovenhoof sent me a hat of the lovliest Ravenclaw blue! Sadly, it does not fit, so I will be passing it along to a playmate of my poltergiests. She is four and loves hats. :) Here is the fullness of what awaited me once the stun wore off...



The "R" is for Ravenclaw, and the sticker is an otter, my patronus. :)



And here is the younger poltergiest modeling the gorgeous hat! :)



And it just seems to be my time to get packages! I got my SSV package on the mail a couple days ago, too! Thank you, Cassandra Goode! I love it!


The poem was too cute (I really and truly loved it!), and I didn't know that the conversation hearts even came in chocolate! And the bookmark is currently holding my spot in Wicked. :) (I'm finally getting closer to done with the book!)

I noticed that Knitsy's been on the prowl again...she is so much fun! I love reading the dirt on other people! Er, I mean...uh...crap, there's no recovering from that. ;) Still awaiting the results of the Pub Quiz, too...I wonder how Knitsy knows who the winner is! But I need to grab my books and head to the library. There's a new 'Claw assignment that's pestering me to be done!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Pandora said...

Is that a little dragon? Cute. Hey, thanks for the advice on crochet vs. knitting. I think I will give it a try real soon! There are so many cute crochet items, especially toys. Thanks again! Pandora

Hermione Bagnold said...

The keychain is actually a cute little dolphin. :) I can't wait to see the results of your amigurumi experimenting!