Monday, March 29, 2010

My Top 3....

So the whole theme of this term is going to revolve around specific characters in the Harry Potter-verse. Quite honestly, I didn't even need 3 choices. LOL Hermione is me. I am Hermione. No lie, my brother read the Harry Potter books and told me when he read some of her comments (specifically, "Now I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another plan to get us killed...or worse, expelled.") he began to wonder at what point in my life I had met J.K. Rowling and why she based a character on me...So when I had to create a Potter name for the swap, it was a no-brainer: Hermione. Except I couldn't be Granger, so I settled for Bagnold (which actually has a nice ring to it, in my mind...). Then when it was released that we pick 3 characters to give our spoilers some options, I admit it, I was a little disheartened. I wanted a Hermione kit. Not any other! So for my three choices, I put Hermione, Hermione and Hermione! LOL She's smart, very book-ish, grades and school are very important to her, and I am very much like her in many ways, even down to how she can get a bit snobbish and stubborn when she knows she's right about something (regardless of whether she actually is or not...like about Draco Malfoy being a Death Eater...).


However....in reading all the other options everyone else chose....well, I suppose I could be a little more lenient. I do need to set a good example, being Head of House and all...So in thinking a bit more on it, I suppose it wouldn't kill me to get a Tonks kit (I love her Metamorphmagus abilities and her clumsiness...I can relate to the latter...) or even a Fleur kit (I'm only obsessed with all things France, and my favorite color, blue, is the whole of the Beauxbatons uniforms...). So even though I really stressed I wanted a Hermione kit, and even though over half this post is about wanting a Hermione kit, I know that Rowan will do an amazing job in selecting the elements and will surprise me with a fantastic kit, no matter who she chooses to base it on! :)

No comments: