Thursday, November 13, 2008

As the term ends...

Wow! I can't believe that my first term here at Hogwarts is nearly over!!! I think I may actually cry...this has been such an amazing and wonderful experience for me! I seriously don't know what I would have done without this swap. I came across it totally by chance, joining Team Hogwarts for the Ravelympics. I had so much fun chatting in that thread! I was so excited when I found out that all the teammates from the Ravelympics were already in a group!!! Before I discovered the group, I was actually very much becoming a depressed recluse. I was holed up all day long in the house with my two toddlers. We only have one car, and as I can't do side-along apparition with the kiddos, I couldn't go anywhere whenever DH was at work. Living abroad is an amazing experience, but by the time he'd get home from work, I'd have maybe two hours to go and get out on base before everything closed up. Being a part of the swap has helped me, with others encouraging me to get out and see things, as well as giving me contact with new people that are just fun!

Ah, I told myself I wasn't going to get all sappy. *sigh* Well, I noticed Hufflepuff's quiz up, so I thought I'd do it just for the fun of it. (And yes, I did extra schoolwork at Muggle schools for fun, too...)

1. If this was your first HSKS, have you enjoyed yourself. If you are alumni, was this term better than other terms (if so how)?

This was my first HSKS term, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Being in the swap helped pull me out of the depression I was, prior to joining, starting to sink into.

2. Will you be returning for HSKS7?

I have every intention of joining HSKS7, but it will largely depend on what's going on at the time.

3. What is your favorite part of HSKS?

Oh man, you mean I have to pick a favorite?...poo...Actually, I think it may have been just to have the opportunity to have an alter-ego that I could live vicariously though, that didn't have to worry about changing diapers and refilling sippy cups and wiping up messes...no matter how brief those stints of being Hermione were.

4. If you had the chance to switch houses next term would you? What house would you be in?

Absolutely not! I love being in Ravenclaw! I got sorted into what is, IMO, the best house! :)

5. Are there any problems that you need to talk to the Head Girl or Prefects about?

Well, there's not anything they can do about the consistency of my Internet connection (or lack thereof), so no. lol

6. Has your Spoiler been in contact with you about your package?

That she has! Busy woman, that, what with being in the middle of moving and being a military wife! Something I can definitely empathize with!

7. Have you been in contact with your Spoilee to let them know you are still with us? ;)

Yes, I have, and he's been so understanding about my Internet issues!

No comments: